Bleutooth Functionality

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

DannyAllyn

Bleutooth Functionality

Post by DannyAllyn »

I just got a space mouse and it's about the best thing I've ever owned. But I primarily use a laptop and I work both at home and in an office. I can't afford another space mouse pro right now and I don't have room to plug in the USB receiver into the USB-C ports. It would be really nice if there was a version of the space mouse that supported Bluetooth connectivity. I was just recommending the space mouse to a coworker and he was on the webpage to buy one when he asked if it can connect via bluetooth and when I told him "no" he canceled his order. Please for the love of your customers at least have one in development if not available soon. There are forum posts dating back to 2011 asking for this.

Best,
~Danny Allyn~
Design Engineer at Atlis Motor Vehicles
claireh

Re: Bleutooth Functionality

Post by claireh »

Hi Danny,

Thank you for your request. I know this has been a request from other customers in the past. Bluetooth has come a long way since 2011. I know energy consumption and connection reliability were a concern at the time of designing a lot of the space mouse products. That said, this should be within the realm of possibility now.

I'll go ahead and inform our product team of your request. I encourage anyone else who would like this feature to comment below. :)
Claire
edj999

Post by edj999 »

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Love the SpaceMouse Compact Wireless so much I got one for my PC and one for my Mac. I have moderate carpal tunnel, and being able to do a lot with my left hand what was previously exclusively the domain of a very cramped right hand is a GOD SEND.

Dunno if this is coming through but I kind of like your product.

But Bluetooth would be nice, or at least a USB-C transceiver so I can ditch the dongle. Don’t even include it in the box. I’d pay extra to buy it.
AAFR

Post by AAFR »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE !!!!!!!!

Im doing my work on a MacBook, the only thing I have to connect, is the receiver from the Space mouse and is not USB-C, so I need the adapter........PLEASE!!!!

OR at least release an USB-C receiver?

Thank you by advance of taking my demand in consideration.

Alex Andriesi
bearcatsandor

Post by bearcatsandor »

Please add my voice to the chorus clamoring for USB-C on your wired devices, and Bluetooth on your wireless.

A wireless Bluetooth Enterprise model would be awesome.

Don't you have a public roadmap with voting?
bearcatsandor

Post by bearcatsandor »

I would love Bluetooth functionality in a Pro, or even better an Enterprise. It would make my buying decision easy.
pilim

Post by pilim »

claireh wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:11 am Hi Danny,

Thank you for your request. I know this has been a request from other customers in the past. Bluetooth has come a long way since 2011. I know energy consumption and connection reliability were a concern at the time of designing a lot of the space mouse products. That said, this should be within the realm of possibility now.

I'll go ahead and inform our product team of your request. I encourage anyone else who would like this feature to comment below. :)
Hello, any information? It is really two reasons, why I am not buying your products - micro usb and usb receiver.
erichter

Post by erichter »

+1 on this request.
Ror

Post by Ror »

The Spacemouse wireless product line is in desperate need of a refresh with USB-C and Bluetooth connectivity!
luping

Post by luping »

Ror wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:59 pm The Spacemouse wireless product line is in desperate need of a refresh with USB-C and Bluetooth connectivity!
They have released a Bluetooth edition:
https://3dconnexion.com/us/product/spac ... -wireless/
Blob

Post by Blob »

Is there any info, when the small/standard/mobile spacemouse will be available with Bluetooth?
In times of mobile work, it is a big user need, not to plug in multiple cables and/or dongles when changing the desk every day.
luping

Post by luping »

Blob wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:14 am Is there any info, when the small/standard/mobile spacemouse will be available with Bluetooth?
In times of mobile work, it is a big user need, not to plug in multiple cables and/or dongles when changing the desk every day.
Isn't the SpaceMouse Pro Wireless Bluetooth Edition is just what you want?
It has extra buttons to make your workflow more efficient when compared to the entry level SpaceMouse Wireless, though it's a bit heavier.