Kit with FULL SIZE mouse?

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

RoosterFXP

Kit with FULL SIZE mouse?

Post by RoosterFXP »

I ordered Kit 2 off Amazon and returned due to the tiny mouse. I searched for Kit 1 and found a kit with a full size mouse but the wheel looks different. I'd like the latest model and this one looks like a knockoff with a cheap looking wheel.

I tried all kinds of support request with no luck, even the USA number is disconnected.

If I buy this one is it legit and latest model?

https://www.amazon.com/3Dconnexion-Spac ... 2K1J2SW98W
UtaSH

Re: Kit with FULL SIZE mouse?

Post by UtaSH »

Hi RoosterFX,

the SpaceMouse Wireless Kit always has the "tiny" mouse. The SpaceMouse Wireless Kit 1 (legacy) had the CadMouse Wireless (legacy) and the SpaceMouse Wireless Kit 2 has the CadMouse Compact Wireless. You presumably need the CadMouse Pro Wireless. This model is not available as a Kit with the SpaceMouse Wireless. But we have the SpaceMouse Enterprise Kit 2 where you get the high-end SpaceMouse Enterprise and the CadMouse Pro Wireless.

The link from your post links to the SpaceMouse Wireless Kit 1 which isn't available anymore (legacy). It has the ("tiny") CadMouse Wireless.
luping

Post by luping »

UtaSH wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:54 am Hi RoosterFX,

the SpaceMouse Wireless Kit always has the "tiny" mouse. The SpaceMouse Wireless Kit 1 (legacy) had the CadMouse Wireless (legacy) and the SpaceMouse Wireless Kit 2 has the CadMouse Compact Wireless. You presumably need the CadMouse Pro Wireless. This model is not available as a Kit with the SpaceMouse Wireless. But we have the SpaceMouse Enterprise Kit 2 where you get the high-end SpaceMouse Enterprise and the CadMouse Pro Wireless.

The link from your post links to the SpaceMouse Wireless Kit 1 which isn't available anymore (legacy). It has the ("tiny") CadMouse Wireless.
Funny thing is that your local reseller WANTJOIN in mianland China sells "3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Wireless Kit Pro" on taobao.com online shopping site, check the screenshot for yourself:
2021-04-04_14h45_32.jpg
2021-04-04_14h45_32.jpg (109.52 KiB) Viewed 35109 times
luping

Post by luping »

The so called SpaceMouse Wireless Kit Pro comes with full-size CadMouse Pro Wireless.
claireh

Post by claireh »

Based on my research, the listing on taobao.com is incorrect. 3Dconnenion has never offered a kit containing a SpaceMouse Wireless and CadMouse Wireless Pro. The SpaceMouse Enterprise Kit (1 & 2) and the SpaceMouse Wireless Kit (1 & 2) are the only packaged kits we've offered.

The product number listed on taobao.com shows "3DX-700067" which confirms this is the discontinued SpaceMouse Wireless Kit 1 UtaSH mentioned.

The SpaceMouse Wireless Kit 2 offered on their site shows the expected part number (3Dx-700084). I suspect the "SpaceMouse Wireless Pro Kit" mentioned on the site is a mistake. It's possible the reseller is selling the individual components and packing them into one box. But this is not an official "kit." The kits have their own packaging and thus, their own part number. A kit will never include individual devices packaged separately.

That said, the incorrect part number indicates that this is an old kit, not something that includes the CadMouse Wireless Pro. Contacting the reseller to confirm how the kit is packaged would confirm this. (ex. Is the kit included in one box, or does it ship in multiple boxes)

As a note, each box has a set of seals along the edges. These seals should never be broken when purchasing a brand new device. When this isn't the case, reach out to the reseller.
Claire
luping

Post by luping »

claireh wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:28 pm Based on my research, the listing on taobao.com is incorrect. 3Dconnenion has never offered a kit containing a SpaceMouse Wireless and CadMouse Wireless Pro. The SpaceMouse Enterprise Kit (1 & 2) and the SpaceMouse Wireless Kit (1 & 2) are the only packaged kits we've offered.

The product number listed on taobao.com shows "3DX-700067" which confirms this is the discontinued SpaceMouse Wireless Kit 1 UtaSH mentioned.

The SpaceMouse Wireless Kit 2 offered on their site shows the expected part number (3Dx-700084). I suspect the "SpaceMouse Wireless Pro Kit" mentioned on the site is a mistake. It's possible the reseller is selling the individual components and packing them into one box. But this is not an official "kit." The kits have their own packaging and thus, their own part number. A kit will never include individual devices packaged separately.

That said, the incorrect part number indicates that this is an old kit, not something that includes the CadMouse Wireless Pro. Contacting the reseller to confirm how the kit is packaged would confirm this. (ex. Is the kit included in one box, or does it ship in multiple boxes)

As a note, each box has a set of seals along the edges. These seals should never be broken when purchasing a brand new device. When this isn't the case, reach out to the reseller.
Well, I verified them, check out the picture below. Since I replaced the ultra subminiature basic switches in the CadMouse Pro Wireless mouse myself, no need to register the CadMouse Pro Wireless. The default OMRON D2FC-F-K(50M) switch quality is shitty, so I replaced them with made in Japan long-life gold-plated contact D2F-F-3-7 and Cherry DG4 T85 basic switches.
Kit Pro.jpg
Kit Pro.jpg (57.5 KiB) Viewed 35085 times
basic switch.jpg
basic switch.jpg (33.92 KiB) Viewed 35085 times
claireh

Post by claireh »

Good find! So it looks like the part number on the listing isn't exactly "accurate" but what is being sold is in essence, the kit. (just individual packaging)
Claire