Keyboard Pro

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

kaspangler

Keyboard Pro

Post by kaspangler »

I just received the email on this new product and had a question concerning it.

First off let me say that I am not a fan of all the extra real estate the keyboard takes up. Its like you've made the keyboard narrower and added what you shaved off to the depth. If I need extra hand/wrist support (I do not), personally I would rather have it be my option, but now on to the question.

I noticed that the keyboard and the numeric pad are not connected and in fact, the numeric pad isn't even wired, it is bluetooth. Does this mean that ASCII code functionality is not an option? In every other split keyboard/numeric pad option I've ever tried prior, I have been unable to input ASCII code characters presumably because the input needs to come from the same device. Will this be the case with this setup as well? I FREQUENTLY use ASCII for engineering symbols such as plus/minus, degree, diameter symbols and the like and having to go without that functionality is not an option.
MarkMorreale

Re: Keyboard Pro

Post by MarkMorreale »

I saw this and was curious myself as I just got the Keyboard Pro.
I can confirm that Alt + [number] codes work normally on the wireless numpad.
ie Alt + 241 gives me a ± as expected. Didn't go through all of the characters but it looks like they support it.

Recently a coworker showed me in Win10 that [Windows Key] + "." pops up a list of symbols, and presents your most recently used ones. Ever since then I haven't had to consult the little unicode cheat sheet I've used since the early 2000's.
kaspangler

Re: Keyboard Pro

Post by kaspangler »

That's great! Thanks for the response!