Keyboard Pro review

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

martonn

Keyboard Pro review

Post by martonn »

Hi,

I am using my Keyboard Pro for 2 weeks now and I love it! I like that you can "separate" the numpad and move it aside, I like that the "main" keyboard resembles a laptop keyboard so switching between it and a laptop is not that painful. The quality is good - even the font used on the keyboard is great!

However, for the next version I would change two things:
- detachable USB-C cable. The one that is included with the keyboard feels cheap and way too stiff. I would rather replace it with a fancy braided or coiled one
- the finish is a skin oil, sweat and fingerprint magnet :( After a day of use (and mind you, it's winter!) the keyboard looks sticky.

Overall, I am happy to have the keyboard pro next to my CadMouse Compact Wireless and SpaceMouse Wireless.

Thanks guys and cheers!
MarkMorreale

Re: Keyboard Pro review

Post by MarkMorreale »

I would love to see a small USB-C port at the top-left and top-right of (a future iteration of) the KB pro, along with a small right angled USB C cable like this so it can be charged when parked on either side. I do appreciate how the main KB lets me remove the 3Dconnexion dongle from my USB hub, so having one less cable to go back there would be even better.

Something else I like about the KB pro is the tactile feel of the keys themselves. It's comparable to the feel on a thinkpad. Lots of modern keyboards have "quiet touch" keys or whatever they call it that don't provide decent feedback. When I type I like the clack clack of the keyboard (thats the technical term for it, correct?).