Feature Request 2D panning/zooming Unreal Engine

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

tigershark94

Feature Request 2D panning/zooming Unreal Engine

Post by tigershark94 »

Greetings, I have a helpful idea for the blueprint editor inside Unreal Engine 4 and 5. It would be so helpful for the 3d mouse to support 2d panning and 2d zooming .

maybe click context sensitive . so when you want to interact with  a 3d model you click on model.when you want to pan or zoom graphs in the blueprint editor you click anywhere in the graph and the 3d mouse switches to 2d panning/zooming. this is helpful for long blueprints with many nodes.

Similar to how you guys did the substance painter 2d panning/zooming feature.(huge time saver ) at this point the 3dmouse is a extension of my hand so its weird when i cant use it. Currently when in  blueprint editor the mouse resorts to rotating objects.

i believe this would save people alot of time and not to mention wrist pain because unreal engine relies exclusively on right click drag panning. this gets old and i do not have a mouse, i have a wacom tablet so i rely even more on my 3d mouse to help with my wrist pain. it would speed up workflow so quick! this is why i bought space mouse enterprise because its ergonomic and to improve my speed. its great to see 3dconnexion support unreal engine so a couple of tweaks and it would be a solid experience.  i hope this is taken in consideration, thanks
Attachments
3d-mouse-suggestion-2d-pan-low-res.jpg
3d-mouse-suggestion-2d-pan-low-res.jpg (98.11 KiB) Viewed 7772 times