Is It Usefull in Games

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

tom

Is It Usefull in Games

Post by tom »

Hi

Before i want to buy one i wanna know for sure iff its ready for the game world?
Isnt it or not? Iff Yes wich one is perfect for use in games

Thx allot :!:
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

Hi tom:

Our devices are defined and marketed as 3D navigation devices, not game controllers. Also, most applications have support for our devices implemented by the software vendors that make them, using our SDK. So, if a game developer wishes to have a look at our developer's kit and implement support for an application, we invite them to do so, but we do not support any games ourselves at this time.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
TS

Post by TS »

You might check out one of the following:

viewtopic.php?t=336

and

viewtopic.php?p=2114
GTWillemsen

Post by GTWillemsen »

Both interesting, although I still can't understand why the motioncontroller can't be used as a joystick,... should be standard functionality/option regarding to me.

I'll visit your website to see what it can offer, but am already glad to see you (and others) tried to extend usablity! wherefor offcourse a huge thanks! Maybe will 3Dconnexion will adopt one's solution.
dak

Re: Is It Usefull in Games

Post by dak »

Anybody remember the Orb back in the day? It was the original 3D controller, and was made for games by the people who invented these things. I remember getting a coupon for one in my Descent game box. It was eventually dropped and the company focused more on professional apps. Looks like 3DConnexion held on to the same business model.
-Dave
ram1009

no game support

Post by ram1009 »

Pretty short sighted IMHO. These devices seem perfect for FPS games among others. I'll never understand why companies cut themselves off from potential business.
bjevers

Re: no game support

Post by bjevers »

ram1009 wrote:Pretty short sighted IMHO. These devices seem perfect for FPS games among others. I'll never understand why companies cut themselves off from potential business.
I agree. What's a better 3D application than most games? I used the SpaceOrb for many years, and even the Ascii Sphere for awhile using a PS2 to USB adapter. If there was a driver like RBC9's for 64bit I would buy a SpaceNavigator in a heartbeat.
ram1009

Post by ram1009 »

They'd probably sell 10 times as many of these to FPS gamers as they do to us CAD drivers. Maybe they think they'd be lowering themselves. Egos often get in the way.
HerbyGunther

Post by HerbyGunther »

I would love to play Call of Duty (first person game) with the Space Navigator :D It would be perfect! Feels a lot more realistic.
jmoseley

First game with official 3D mouse support!

Post by jmoseley »

Hi all,

I thought I'd post some news here as the thread is about games. A UK games developer (Introversion) has added 3D mouse support to their latest game - Multiwinia.

I had to "test" the game a bit so I can safely say it's pretty cool. :lol:

You can vist this page for more info and find a link to the free demo: http://www.3dconnexion.com/solutions/multiwinia.php

Have fun!

John
Caffi

Post by Caffi »

I think they would be useful for programs like the Steam SDK Tools, Unreal Editor and similar.

If anyone knows anything about this i would appreciate any comments.
didilidum

Post by didilidum »

This would be incredible for any RTS game. It's painful watching my roommate navigate with a mouse.... pan..... zoom in (scrollscrollscrollscrollscrollscrollscrollscroll).....zoom out (scrollscrollscrollscroll)
Maxmingus

Post by Maxmingus »

Another vote for game support.
ziltch

Post by ziltch »

I am just writing a little 2d shooter game that uses 3dconnexion input.

I will post more when it is ready for the public.

This is my 1st post!
ziltch
LordBadHabit

Post by LordBadHabit »

sounds nice.

maybe I should give your game to our constructors so they can practice using a spacemouse ;-)