Cadmouse wireless durability

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

JoseGemez

Cadmouse wireless durability

Post by JoseGemez »

Hi,
I bought the first gen of cadmouse. My first unit death in two months, more or less. I contacted with the support, and they send me a replacement unit. After several months it has problem of double clicks and the aluminium body was filled with rust. I left in a drawer.
Then I bought a cadmouse compact wireless (first gen)… this unit has right click problems too…
On the other hand, my experience with the 3d mouse (space pro and a wireless navigator) has been superb, but with cadmouse it has been terrible.
Has anybody tried cadmouse first gen and “current” pro wireless? Has the new units more durability? Improved quality? I have seen the offer of keyboard with wireless pro, that it is very interesting, but if the quality is the same…
luping

Re: Cadmouse wireless durability

Post by luping »

The basis of your question is that CadMouse is not durable, CadMouse Compact Wireless is not durable too, so you can't ask 'Has the new units more durability?' Though compared to CadMouse, CadMouse Compact Wireless, the CadMouse Pro Wireless has three OMRON D2FC-F-K(50M) blue dot microswitches. The OMRON D2FC-F-K(50M) microswitch has a silver alloy contact, it has 50 million operations(clicks) mechanical durability.

The problem with this high mechanical durability is that in real world usage scenario, the electrical durability over mechanical durability is what really matters. In my experience, OMRON D2FC-F-K(50M) microswitch only last for 8 months in my usage case before there's a double-click issue.

All the above mentioned OMRON microswitches are made in mainland China. If you need durable mouse microswitches, try to find made in Japan OMRON D2F-01F-T, D2F-F models suitable for computer mouse, made in German ZF DG2 T85 microswitch with gold flash contact, made in Japan ZF DG4 T85 microswitch with silver alloy, made in Taiwan ZIPPY series(e.g. ZIPPY DF-G3, DF-3, DF-P1L-OP), made in China TTC dustproof gold 60M.