Spacemouse Enterprise Defect + CADMousePro Stutters

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

abhijit_singh

Spacemouse Enterprise Defect + CADMousePro Stutters

Post by abhijit_singh »

Hi, I purchased the Spacemouse Enterprise Kit2 9 days ago which includes Spacemouse Enterprise + CADMouse Pro Wireless.

I noticed a Manufacturing Defect on the Glass Panel surrounding the LCD, which looks as if the Glass has been Chipped from the bottom surface during Assembly.
Attaching some pictures to show the issue.
I wanted to know do other Spacemouse users also have the chip at the same place as a feature or is it only on my device as it is really bothering me for a Premium Device at this price range.

About the CADMouse Pro Wireless, it stutters every 10 secs, my router is on LAN only mode with WIFI turned OFF, I am using the Extension USB with 2.4ghz reciever only 5 cms from the mouse, tried every port on front and back of my PC.
Furthermore for 12 hours/day usage, my battery dropped to 46% from 100% in only 8 days.

Overall I am not really satisfied with what I got and wanted to understand if both the points are normal or do I apply for a replacement/refund?
I love using both the Spacemouse and CADMouse Pro with their radial menus and 6 dof navigation, but the defect with Spacemouse Ent. and the constant stuttering with CADmouse Pro is really bothering me at this time.
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (163.23 KiB) Viewed 8589 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (181.93 KiB) Viewed 8589 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (157.99 KiB) Viewed 8589 times
zoomer

Re: Spacemouse Enterprise Defect + CADMousePro Stutters

Post by zoomer »

Did you pull off the protective foil from the display glass ?
abhijit_singh

Post by abhijit_singh »

Hi thank you for the reply!
Yes, I did remove the temporary plastic safety covering from the device when I got it.
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

On your Photos it looked a bit like you had not.
Pity, would have been the easiest fix .....
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

I can't see such on mine.
Could it be that it is the masking color behind the glass that is scratched ?
abhijit_singh

Post by abhijit_singh »

Hello!
Yes, that is what I am suspecting as well.
Either the masking black colour on the bottom surface is scratched or that part got chipped somehow.
It's not visible if viewed from Front-Top view at grazing angles, but from the top view it's visible and from the Back-Top view it looks like a 1cm long dent on the inside surface.

I am in touch with Support for both matters, for the CADMouse Pro Wireless stutters, they advised me a firmware update which I will do now and hopefully see the issue fixed.
Battery life seems okayish from my use but still 20%-30% deviation from 320 hours as advertised which is fine. Might need to put some cycles through the mouse and imo the battery percentage might not be linear or accurate.

My main concern is the Chipped glass as it's something that bothers me since I am one of those perfectionist types hehe.
abhijit_singh

Post by abhijit_singh »

Update.
Been 4 days, about the Spacemouse Enterprise Glass Chipped issue.
The only message I've got in 4 days is, "Can you make sure the sticker is peeled"?
I mean .... offcourse I would've peeled off the sticked and not gotten confused by a sticker.

About the CADMouse Pro stutters + Battery life issue.
Received a firmware update. The stutter is gone, but my mouse is stuck at 100% battery level since 1 day.

Overall I am not satisfied by this amount I invested in Enterprise Kit 2 with both devices malfunctioning or defective.
My Logitech G502 Hero Wired for $50 has been an absolute unit and my experience is making me thing all this money was for software radial menus?
I am most probably going to apply for a refund and get the Spacemouse Compact Wired for the simple 6dof controller. :|