Feature request, keyboard shortcuts.

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Villervalla

Feature request, keyboard shortcuts.

Post by Villervalla »

I’m a happy user of a Spacemouse PRO wiereless, (mostly in Sketchup Pro and Tebis). I suffer of computer mouse fatigue and tennis elbows. By switching between mouses (Logitech MX Ergo, Razer pro click and Kondator GripMouse Deluxe) I do ease my strains a bit. And yes, I will get a 3Dconnexion CadMouse Pro Wireless to my collection too. However, this mouse will not solve my root problems about my arms, and I will continue to switch between computer mouses.

I would very much appreciate to be able to trigger one or several radial menus by keyboard shortcuts. This would make it possible to assign the keyboard shortcuts to buttons on the different computer mouses I use. It would also make a dramatic difference in usability of a traveler spacemouse with only 2 buttons! (For example, in Sketchup, where you often need to keep the shift key or ctrl key down while you click on things with the cursor. I have found that Sketchup require at least three buttons (shift, ctrl, and a radial menu) on a spacemouse to make it motivated.)

You could make it to a conditional feature; a 3dconnection perihelial must be connected to make the keyboard shortcut to function. For example: a 3dconnexion wireless receiver=1 short keyboard shortcut allowed, a sapcemouse and/or a CadMouse Pro connected=as many keyboard shortcuts as you like. (There are no problems having several computer mouses of varied brands connected at the same time, I have it this way all the time, to allow guest users on my computer who find my computer mouses to strange for them. No smudges on my screens, please!).
jwick

Re: Feature request, keyboard shortcuts.

Post by jwick »

We don't have the ability to assign Radial Menus to any random keyboard, but you can assign them to the function buttons on our Keyboard Pro and Keypad Pro.
Villervalla

Post by Villervalla »

Sorry jwick, I coudn't find a way to make a private response to your answer.

Did I place my request for software development in the wrong forum? Or didn't you read my post thoroughly? :?
mug3d

Post by mug3d »

Too bad. That would also be very helpful for me and would increase efficiency. The problem with the Keyboard Pro is that the F keys are very far up.