GMAX? (and other)

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

zwiglm

GMAX? (and other)

Post by zwiglm »

As far as I read there is "only" native support for a certain amount of well-know 3d modelling programs. Like "3ds max" or "maya"

@connexion:
can you give details on how far progress has grown for native support of programs like "lightwave" or "truespace". what i mean is, how cooperative are those companies towards connexion, or is there no cooperation at all? etc.
the more information you can provide, the better. :-)

How about the support for GMAX? can one assume, that if the input-devices works with 3ds max it will also work with GMAX?

cheers, and thanks for the help
martin

---
1 edit
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

And thank you for the post!

We will be launching a new COM-based SDK and program in March, and we hope that additional ISV's will take interest, as development with our devices was never easier. Newtek and Caligari are definitely companies we hope will want to talk to us, and it always helps if they get requests from people like you!

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
zwiglm

Post by zwiglm »

Thanks for the quick answer.

I need to be sure of something:
Does SpacePilot work with

Autodesk GMAX

and/or

Autodesk Maya PLE

I'd really like to buy one of the mice :-)

@connexion:
those products are "free" - at least to some degree.

maybe you could invest a few hours and try them out?

cheers,
martin
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

We do not support GMAX, and I also believe Autodesk discontinued that product as a standalone. SpacePilot will not work properly with Maya PLE, but the other currently offered products will. Of course, SpacePilot will work with the full version of Maya.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
zwiglm

Post by zwiglm »

Thanks for the response.

Martin