Poser

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

chromerhino

Poser

Post by chromerhino »

I'd love to see Poser support...
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

Great to hear.....we're currently in touch with e-Frontier. Stay tuned.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
stew

Post by stew »

An preview of Space Navigator support for Poser can be seen at this week's GDC 2007 in San Francisco. No shipping date has been announced yet.
emillion

Post by emillion »

stew wrote:An preview of Space Navigator support for Poser can be seen at this week's GDC 2007 in San Francisco. No shipping date has been announced yet.
any date yet?
emillion

Post by emillion »

when?
Mad Mace

Post by Mad Mace »

znissan wrote:we're currently in touch with e-Frontier

Good to hear, but would it be possible, for us eagerly waiting, to learn something more?
After all, there's a huge spectrum between "They laughed like mad and ended the call without response." and "They enthusiastically put all other work aside in favor of implementing 3dx-support."
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

As soon as it is possible, you can be sure we'll update. You might also want to check with eFrontier directly.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
bijkanguru

Post by bijkanguru »

Another user whining / waiting for poser support :D

but sounds promising now
jdale

Post by jdale »

Thanks for adding support! Got my SpaceNavigator today, already happy with it.

It would be nice if the control panel would recognize Poser. Currently, at least on my system, there is no way to set up a configuration specific to Poser, it works only with the system settings.

In fact, it would be nice if the control panel would let you define settings for any application, whether it is known to support the device or not. I also have a Wacom tablet and it lets me define profiles for everything if I want. That would remove the need to update the software every time an application designer decides to support you. (And really, if you could just add a setting to emulate a scroll wheel, it would instantly be usable in tons of programs. Wacom tablet is nice but the pen has no scroll wheel....)
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hello jdale,

I'm glad you are happy with your SN in Poser. Hopefully many other people will also find that to be a great combination.

You can create a configuration for Poser simply by bringing up the 3DxWare GUI while Poser is running. Make any changes you want and Save As... these changes with any name you want (e.g. Poser). Your configuration will be recalled next time you run Poser.

Thanks for your suggestions. We are listening.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
bijkanguru

Post by bijkanguru »

If you make changes to the 3dxware config while in poser and quit poser, it will also ask you to save a specific setting for poser.exe as well :D

Personally, I prefer to have roll turned of in here and it now does it all the time while still available in other apps :D

Would like to use the buttons for saving camera angles, but can't find the shortcuts (if any) for either library or ui dots... (still a bit clumsy with this even at lowest speed so need to revert often)

Now on to badgering e-on :D