SpacePilot Pro Query

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

3DMonkey

SpacePilot Pro Query

Post by 3DMonkey »

Hello,

I'm looking into purchasing the above product and have found as a student I can be entitled to an 'Educational" Discount.
What I want to know though is if I purchase this and use it through out my course, once I have completed it, can this product be used in a place of work? (Comercially)

Only asking because I wouldn't want issues where it doesn't work correctly or tags files etc. like some 3D CAD Packages do if trying to use educational versions for comercial use.
Want to check before I buy, don't fancy corrupting any files or breaking any laws/rules over a 3D Mouse.

So is there any difference with a 3D SpacePilot Pro at a standard price and one at an educational discount price?

All help appreciated in advance.
Cheers,
3DM
jmoseley

Re: SpacePilot Pro Query

Post by jmoseley »

Hi 3DM, there is no difference in the hardware / software license when you purchase one of our products at educational pricing. Basically, there is a lot of value in graduates introducing our products into the companies they start working for and we are confident that you and your future employers will purchase 3D mice at commercial pricing in the future. We wish you well with your studies and are confident you will get many years of value from your 3Dconnexion product :)
3DMonkey

Post by 3DMonkey »

Thank you for the swift response jmoseley. Very helpful!

I'll be investing soon :D

3DM
jmoseley

Post by jmoseley »

Hi waleedi, firstly, it's important to point out that 3Dconnexion products bought at educational pricing should only be used by students or teachers / staff. The products should not be used in a commercial workplace. From a technical point of view it is impractical for us to implement the same restrictions as present in CAD software so the products are functionally the same. We require proof of educational status at the buying stage and once the person has graduated / entered the commercial workplace they should replace the product with one purchased at commercial pricing. This relies on the integrity of the user. Best wishes in your studies.