Title field in "Type Keystroke" mapping

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

JumpinJack

Title field in "Type Keystroke" mapping

Post by JumpinJack »

Hi all! I'm a proud owner of an awesome SpacePilot Pro device, and as a Mac user I really like all the enhancements implemented in the new 3DxWare 10 driver.
However I wish there would be a simple feature that's still missing: an additional field (e.g. "Title") in the "Buttons" screen when mapping option "Type keystroke" is selected. This way you could see your custom title in the device display instead of the keystroke itself, so if you use the 3D mouse with several programs it would be easier to know each button function, and you wouldn't have to remember every configuration! Furthermore this could be useful for any 3D mouse user when using Radial Menus, not only for those who own a SpacePilot Pro like me.
Shown below a few screenshots which should better explain what I mean.

This is what you actually see right now and the result on the LED display (you can't see even the keystroke itself):
SpacePilot-Pro-screenshot-1.jpg
SpacePilot-Pro-screenshot-1.jpg (77.37 KiB) Viewed 11952 times
This is what I'd like there would be on Buttons screen (and Radial Menus screen as well), and what you should see on LED display:
SpacePilot-Pro-screenshot-2.jpg
SpacePilot-Pro-screenshot-2.jpg (77.69 KiB) Viewed 11952 times
This shouldn't be very hard to implement, I guess (I'm not sure, not a programmer after all).
Thank you in advance to anyone who want to reply!