Mapped Input

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

seanriker

Mapped Input

Post by seanriker »

Hello,

I'm no stranger to the many posts on this forum and ZBrush forums that state that Pixologic has been unwilling to help, and even downright hostile.

My question is, do we even need them?

I am a power SpaceNavigator user (Modo, SolidWorks, & Blender) as well as a power ZBrush user. I work in a department of other ZBrush users that were very interested in a 3D mouse when I introduced it, but quickly lost interest when we discovered that it does not work for ZBrush.

I've seen the beta that included support for Windows, but we are primarily OSX users.

Could we have a feature that we can record and map input to create a custom profile for additional programs?
What I'm envisioning is this: launch ZBrush (or another 3D app), choose to add a custom application in the 3D Connexion software, then click "Rotate Left" and map it to a preset function of "Right Mouse Button Down" + "Horizontal Drag Left"? ...and so on and so forth for the rest of the rotations, zooms, and pans.

I would much appreciate it, and it would result in more sales to ZBrush users like my department.

Thanks!