Inventor 8 Support?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

BillW

Inventor 8 Support?

Post by BillW »

I updated to the latest driver for Space Navigator and now I find that I can no longer access the settings from Inventor 8. Upon checking the supported applications I see that Inventor 8 is no longer supported. What possible reason would there be to stop supporting a program simply because it is a few years old? :(

How may I obtain an earlier version of the driver so I can use my navigator with Inventor 8? But then what do I do about all my other programs and future programs? Do I have to choose between being able to use my new programs or having to spend thousands to update older programs?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi BillW,

Inventor 8 supports 3D mice for navigating the view. 3Dconnexion has an add-in to extend the use of the 3D mouse buttons in the different application environments. Edit: The add-in is available for IV9 and above.

If you want to open the 3Dconnexion Control Panel when Inventor is running, simply go to the Start menu, Programs, 3Dconnexion, 3Dconnexion 3DxWare and click on "Show 3DxWare Control Panel".

You can also -- make sure Inventor is the application in the foreground -- select a different "configuration" in the driver (3DxWare) by select "any applications" and saving it with a different name. That way, the next time you double-click on the systray icon, it will open the Control Panel.
Last edited by ngomes on Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nuno Gomes
BillW

Post by BillW »

Thank you! :D
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

I've edited my post above to clarify the add-in (extended button support) is available for Inventor 9 and above.