Movement Question

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

nickc

Movement Question

Post by nickc »

Hi,

I have just received my SpaceNavigator :)

Just an odd but quick question:
How much should it turn to the right as I have just had a quick play (without plug-in it in) and it seems to turn a lot more to the left and not to the right!
Is this normal?

I'll give it a play during lunch.

Thanks in advance,
Nick
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi nickc,

Are you positive about that? The sensor (an optical device) is symmetric.

Try using the other hand. It could be just a matter of user perception. Note the 3D mice should be used with your non-dexterous hand. If you're right-handed, the left hand should hold the 3D mouse (for navigation) and the right hand holds the normal mouse (for point-and-click selection/activation).
Nuno Gomes
nickc

Post by nickc »

Cheers for your reply.

I gave this a try and also looked at how much it turns and it looks around 5 mm left and 2-3mm right.

Turning left is smooth with more force as you get to its limit and right just stops (after 2-3mm), like hitting the limit of the axis.

Just downloading the driver to try it out.
nickc

Post by nickc »

From the initial position it does move more left.
I just tested it in Google Earth: Depending on the force applied spinning left gets faster or slower (more physical movement) but right just stops and is only one speed + force.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

If this is how it feels/works that I
nickc

Post by nickc »

Just to finish off.

Spoke to tech support and the said this is not how it should work and it should have the same smooth movement.