Space Pilot l,r,t,f buttons stopped working with SW2007

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

behoerner

Space Pilot l,r,t,f buttons stopped working with SW2007

Post by behoerner »

I have multiple versions of SW installed, now with SW2008sp3.1 installed, the space pilot premapped top,left, right, and front buttons stopped working in SW2007, but work fine in SW2008. All other buttons working as expected. I have the latest driver, went through the install and only installed drivers for SW installed.

Has anyone seen this or have any thoughts?
TIA,
Brian
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi behoerner,

This is a known issue (tracking no. 4619).

The add-in for both version of SolidWorks is the same. Unfortunately, the newer release of SolidWorks includes commands that are not compatible with previous versions. The add-in, when started, will pick up the newer data and customers that upgrade will be fine.

As you observed, having a dual install of SolidWorks will cause problems when using the earlier version -- in your case, SW2007.

Try this: start SW2007, open the Button Mapping panel (3Dcontrol toolbar) and press the "default" button. That should restore the functionality. You will need to repeat the operation for each of the document type (part, assembly and drawing).
Nuno Gomes
behoerner

Appreciate the response,

Post by behoerner »

This is pretty much what I determined. I am going to be mainly using SW08 in a few weeks, so I may just use it as is until then. I had already created a new menu for views that don't work as as workaround. thanks for the suggestioBrian