C++ SDK LED text and suggestion

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

kari

C++ SDK LED text and suggestion

Post by kari »

What I want: to label the texts for the Space Pilot buttons 1-6.
I want to get the Button events but I want to show the user MY text and NOT Button 1 etc. Activating the 3Dconnexion Control Panel I noticed the "Custom Functions.." button: the function name can be attached to the LED display BUT it only accepts keyboard keys: NOT buttons pressed on the Space Pilot (this would have worked great). Any help would be appreciated.
kari
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hello kari,

The "Button 1-6" strings come from the config file. To change them, create a config file for your application, find the strings and change them with notepad.

You can make a copy of any.scg in (by default) c:/program files/3dconnexion/3dconnexion 3dxsoftware/3dxware/en_us/profiles/default. Name your new .scg file for your application and change the EXECUTABLES and APPLICATION_NAME to indicate your application. The strings are assigned to UI_SB1, UI_SB2, etc.

You have to restart the driver to pick up the new .scg file, and choose that file in the GUI to get it to be associated with your program.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
kari

Thanks that works. How to deploy this .scg file?

Post by kari »

How to deploy this .scg file? What if the format changes?
kari
jwick

Post by jwick »

Oh, the format is definitely going to change. In the next major release in fact.

In the mean time, you can copy your .scg file into the profiles/default directory. You can find the 3DxWare install dir from the registry (HKLM...3DxWare/Home Directory)