MacOS 10.8.0 driver issues

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Frank_Online

MacOS 10.8.0 driver issues

Post by Frank_Online »

This looks like a promising driver update but not usable sadly, because of:

- After installing the driver it did work normal for a day but from now on it's impossible to use! I'm unable to select something with the mouse in a Safari or Chrome window. Outside the windows (MacOS features) the mouse works strangely.
- SpaceMouse Enterprise rotation speed is extremely fast in the beginning and later goes back to normal.

I did remove the drivers completely and reinstalled the previous driver and updated again to the newer one. This was described in the forums as a fix for the mouse problems. But this didn't work for me.

3DxNLServer looks fixed luckily but please update this driver so that the mouse works again and it's usable.
mpmp

Re: MacOS 10.8.0 driver issues

Post by mpmp »

I had a similar issue when first installing 10.8.0. I could still move the mouse but it wouldn't click anywhere. After I manually closed the active window it would start working normally again. Did a couple of reboots and ran tdxflash a couple of times and something along the way made it go away.
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

I confirm issues with the 10.8 driver.
Run Marco is broken!
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

I managed to find a workaround, don't know if it will work for everyone.
I have the Universal Receiver always plugged in my external monitor, so that when I switch to Bootcamp Windows I press a button on the Cadmouse and switch communication.

Found out that, while on macOS if I unplug (and eventually plug back again) the universal receiver everything works as expected.