Reverse checkbox function not working

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

jeepstang

Reverse checkbox function not working

Post by jeepstang »

While im in Autodesk fusion360, i cant reverse the direction of rotation on any axis. when i click the reverse checkbox, the mouse does not respond and the rotation stays the same direction.
I have used the spacemouse compact in the same version of fusion with the same 3dconnexion version driver in 2 other laptops that i own without issue (windows 10). to make it intuitive me for me, i reverse 4 of the 6 degrees of movement. why would the reverse checkbox not be working on my new PC?

Fusion360 (2.0.15775 x86_64)
3dconnexion software (driver_version: v10-8-12_r3545)
Spacemouse Compact w/ Windows 11

device manager shows my house as: HID-compliant mouse:
(working) laptops = driver version: 10.0.19041.1
(not working) PC = driver version: 10.0.22621.1

3Dconnexion KMJ Emulator:
laptop & PC = driver date: 1/4/2011; Driver version: 1.0.3.0
jwick

Re: Reverse checkbox function not working

Post by jwick »

Your Device Manager should show the device as a "3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Compact".
That missing name and the fact that reverse doesn't work, indicates the device driver is not installed on the device.

Try manually updating your driver in the Device Manager (for the HID-compliant device).
When asked for a driver, browse to the driver in (by default):
C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore\Drivers\3DxHID\Win64
jeepstang

Post by jeepstang »

Jwick,

ive been working on this issue for almost a week now, spending hours trying to figure this out, working with facebook groups and the 3D connexion support. your answer was 100% my issue and you helped me resolve it. Thank you very much. If you were close, id buy you a beer!
ASISNATH

Post by ASISNATH »

I tried installing manually by specifying the path, but still its not using its own driver. Kindly help
jwick

Post by jwick »

You need to reboot after updating the device driver.

If it still does not work, run the diagnostics program (shift + RMB on the 3Dx systray icon->Run Diagnostics).

This will write a zip file in %TEMP%/3Dconnexion.

Please send that file to me. It is probably too big to email. PM a link (OneDrive, DropBox, etc) to me.
ASISNATH

Post by ASISNATH »

Thank you for the reply. Its showing no driver found. I am attaching the link here as its not allowing me to post a PM.
<removed link>
ASISNATH

Post by ASISNATH »

Any update
?
ASISNATH

Post by ASISNATH »

Any update on how to solve it?
jwick

Post by jwick »

Thanks for the 3DxDiag file.
I see many attempts (on 14-May-2023) to install possibly a few different drivers. At this point I don't know which driver Windows is trying to use.

Windows doesn't seem to choose the driver you install when you reboot. This probably has to do with your rather complex Parallels/VM environment.
I see some unusual devices in the setupapi log. We don't officially support this environment, for obvious reasons. But some people have been able to get it to work on their own.

I'd try to cleanup your installations. You have several driver versions in the DriverStore. Let Windows clean them up for you.

1) Uninstall 3DxSoftware
2) Go into the device manager and continually do "Uninstall device and delete driver" on the 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Compact entry, rebooting afterwards until Windows can no longer find any device drivers for your SpaceMouse Compact. It will end up using input.inf, the default Windows driver for HID devices. Reboot again to make sure.
3) At that point, I'd try installing 3DxWare. Make sure your VM is seeing the device first.
ASISNATH

Post by ASISNATH »

I tried as you said. But no luck. Any other test you suggest!
ASISNATH

Post by ASISNATH »

I formated and re installed windows again and 1st I installed the drivers but still its not recognising 3d connexion compact mouse. Dont know how to make it work.
jwick

Post by jwick »

You do have a quite complex setup. You may have to determine the point of failure by eliminating layers.
E.g., does it work on the base O/S (MacOS)? Then you know it's not your hardware.
Then start adding layers until it stops working.

Let the O/S do what it does well.
I have no context for the log files you collected, but I saw that the device was recognized and the correct driver installed. Then something was done to uninstall that. I have no idea if it was the user or some piece of software that messed it up.
ASISNATH

Post by ASISNATH »

Thank you for the reply. I have checked everything sir. In the base mac os space mouse working seamlessly. I reinstalled from scratch the parallels with windows from its website directly. I installed the drivers. What i could analyse is the kmj emulator driver is not able to install for space mouse. I could use the space mouse in default mode in windows parallel for revit or rhino,but only the reverse function of the advance setup is not at all accepting any changes. I dont know why its not accepting the 3d connexion kmj emulator driver.
jwick

Post by jwick »

The KMJ emulator is not a 3D mouse driver. It is a software Keyboard, Mouse, Joystick emulator.
It is what sends the Shift key to your system when you press the Shift key on the devices that have a "Shift" key.

It is not necessary for anything else.
There is no harm in uninstalling it. It should never by manually installed, especially attempted to be forced, onto any device.
In fact, there is now a different mechanism for doing all of that.

The only device driver you need for reversing an axis (and controlling scaling and other motion filters) is 3DxHID.sys, which is installed with 3DxHID.inf. The system will copy this file from the DriverStore to C:/Windows/inf/oem##.inf. It was oem10.inf and oem13.inf in some of your log files.
ASISNATH

Post by ASISNATH »

Thank tou for making me clear about drivers. I could see the driver store has hid.inf file but its not installed to any device. If i manually try its not accpting for any devcice.