Vectorworks 2023

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

twoolford

Vectorworks 2023

Post by twoolford »

In Vectorworks 2022 I have the 'Switch Navigation' Application Command mapped to the middle button on my CadMouse Pro which allows me to set the desired navigation mode for my SpaceMouse (almost exclusively 'Target Camera Mode').

In Vectorworks 2023 the same mapping for some reason results in the 'Fit to Objects' command, not 'Switch Navigation'. As a result I have no way of setting the navigation mode + my point of origin is permanently set to the Internal Origin.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there anything I can do to set the navigation mode to Target Camera Mode?

I am on a two-versions-old driver but when I upgraded to the most recent one it created even more problems (none of my macros worked) so I reverted back to 10.7.0.

Thanks
maxjonesdesign

Re: Vectorworks 2023

Post by maxjonesdesign »

Hi

This is happening to me too.

I'm running OSX13 on a new'ish Powerbook.

Just purchased the SpaceMouse and CAD Mouse Wireless Kit 2 and am having problems setting both up for Vectorworks 2023.

Orbiting all over the place (no 6-axis motion?? and locked to 'internal origin' miles away) and neither device allow me to customise button/axis settings properly, incl. 'switch navigation' which jumps to 'fit view' on CAD Mouse... v.disappointing. (the test 'teapot' file works fine on the SpaceMouse)

Have also tried downgrading the driver as you suggested, but no joy.

They're a nice bit of kit, but seem to have a really poor interface with Vectorworks/Mac. Not sure what to try next...

Max
UK
Raph

Post by Raph »

Hello,

I have the same problem since the version of Vectorworks 2019.

It's a real shame because it's a tool that I liked a lot on windows.

I'm really hoping that the 3dconnexion programmers will do something in collaboration with Vectorworks.

But spending so much money on a tool that doesn't work well is disgusting.
lineweight

Post by lineweight »

I have the same problem in Vectorworks 2023.

I have "switch navigation" mapped to one of the buttons, but pressing it gives me "fit to objects" instead.

Additionally in Vectorworks 2023 SP4 I am having issues with the navigation motion being jerky.

As usual it's hard to know whether these are problems that should/can be fixed by Vectorworks or by 3dconnexion.
twoolford

Post by twoolford »

I have been speaking to 3DC + VW + both parties are looking into it... I submitted a bug with VW + 'the engineers are investigating further'... 3DC EU are testing VW2023 to see the problem for themselves...
Raph

Post by Raph »

Hello everyone,

Thank you for this good news!!!

It would be really nice if they could improve the 3d Mouse operation
Because now it's unusable and exhausting

Greetings
Raphael