Reverse checkbox function not working

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

jwick

Re: Reverse checkbox function not working

Post by jwick »

We should be very precise about these names. There may very well be a hid.inf. That's not ours.
Our driver is 3DxHID.sys, with inf 3DxHID.inf.

You have been successful at installing that on your SpaceMouse Compact (Sunday at least).
But it seems that something else comes along to override it.

Since you seem persistent enough to dig into the details, if you are interested in following what Windows is doing, you can tail (download baretail.exe) the setup api log files. These list what Windows is doing to install drivers for devices.
They are in C:/Windows/inf/setup.*.log.
If you sort by date in Explorer, it will show you what files are being used.

You should not be manually installing drivers using the Device Manager--this is our first indication of a problem. Yes, I know there is a thread you read where I had someone do that. That doesn't happen more than 1-2 times per year (for a user base with millions of users).

There is something going on with your system. I'm sure it is simple (once we find out what it is).
It would be nice to record this information here if anyone else encounters the same problem with Parallels.
ASISNATH

Post by ASISNATH »

Thank you for the guidance. I am reinstalling from scratch the windows 11 for parallel. Let me check from start again. Now I have a fresh system with nothing loaded yet. According to you, how should I start now.
jwick

Post by jwick »

From a fresh system,
1) Open the Device Manager->Human Interface Devices.
2) Attach the SpaceMouse Compact. You should see a new HID-compliant device get added (you may need to Action->Scan for hardware changes).
3) Look at the properties of that device. You should see Driver: input.inf, Details->Device instance path: HID...C635...
4) Run the latest (10.8.12) 3DxWare installer package.
5) Reboot.
6) You should now see "3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Compact" in the Device Manager.
7) If there is any deviation from that behavior, let me know.
ASISNATH

Post by ASISNATH »

I tried all your steps one by one. But still I could not see the HID Compliant mouse to be "3Dconnexion Space Mouse Compact".
<removed links>
ASISNATH

Post by ASISNATH »

<removed links>

...continuing on email. If anything substantial is learned, we will post the results here.
jwick

Post by jwick »

This configuration, Parallels on an ARM64 Mac, is not a configuration that 3DxWare for Windows supports at this time.