New C4D plugin crashes the program often

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

antoniokriisp

Re: New C4D plugin crashes the program often

Post by antoniokriisp »

Any updates guys?
danhildebrand91

Post by danhildebrand91 »

Honestly it seems baffling to me that these issues can't be reproduced. It's pretty clear by the numerous posts and complaints that something is not right with these drivers. I am also on a high end PC, 32 core Threadripper, 128gb ram, RTX 3080ti and 1080ti (driving displays) and Windows 11. I just did a clean system reinstall as well to rule out some kind of other issue. Same problems. Very smooth viewport navigation with that heavy example scene I posted in R26. AND I just rolled back to 2023.1.3, the last C4D version to natively support SpaceMouse, and again I experience smooth viewport response.

These issues only occur when updating to 2023.2 and installing the latest 3DxWare drivers to enable support inside of Cinema 4D.

So either Maxon did something on their end to screw up viewport navigation with a 3rd party input device. OR the new driver by you guys is riddled with issues.

If I may ask, if everything was working just fine in all previous versions of C4D (which it was), why on earth did you seek to change that? All you've gotten is angry costumers as a result. And I can say firsthand that before this change I sang my praises on the SpaceMouse to anyone who would listen. I seriously considered it the best tool i've ever purchased to benefit my 3D workflow. I was even considering upgrading to one of the pro versions until now. At least not until this gets sorted out.

If the example scene and video I posted were unhelpful, what else can we do to best help you to solve this?

Dan
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

antoniokriisp wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:26 am Here are the files.
Thank you. Using your settings, we managed to get the application to crash. We don't know what setting specially triggers the error condition in the plugin.

A fix is in place but it still needs to be validated. It will be included in the next driver release, tentatively scheduled for the end of May.

Again, thank you very much for providing the data that allowed us to squash this one.
Memax1810

Post by Memax1810 »

There is a second serious problem with the new driver plugin and C4D: The plugin has only the feature to navigate within the scene, you cannot move selected objects any more. But this was the only features, that made the use of a spacemouse comfortable in C4D. I hope, you will reintegrate the feature again.
evgenew

Post by evgenew »

I have the same problem, when will this be fixed!!! Everything worked fine before, why did you break everything?! :evil:
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Version 10.8.14 of 3DxWare 10 was published today (May 31st) and includes a update to the Cinema 4D plugin to address the crash issue.

The software is available for download here.
Memax1810

Post by Memax1810 »

The plugin from May 31th does not solve the bug, that in C4d on Windows machines the object mode does not work. When setting the plugin in object mode, there is still set the camera mode. This problem is only on windows machines. Support is friendly, but has no idea, what the problem is. I cannot use Spacemouse since April. Very disappointed about poor support. :cry: