Unreal Engine 5.2 Releases Today, we need a plugin update please

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Sphynx

Unreal Engine 5.2 Releases Today, we need a plugin update please

Post by Sphynx »

When do you guys think we can expect an Unreal Engine 5.2 spacemouse plugin update?

5.2 Overview Highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7zyNDazmGQ

Release Notes:

https://docs.unrealengine.com/5.2/en-US ... ase-notes/
watkam

Re: Unreal Engine 5.2 Releases Today, we need a plugin update please

Post by watkam »

When we went from UE 5.0 to 5.1, we had to wait quite a long time for an update, and in 5.2 we contacted Japanese support several times to ensure that this would not happen, but they just kept ignoring us with the excuse that they were waiting for the US development team to contact them.
I feel that they are hesitant to devote resources to it, probably because the number of users using 3d mouse with UE is quite limited.
The development cycle of UE is so fast that we, as UE users, are always waiting. I am beginning to resign myself to the fact that this phenomenon will never go away.
ixiiiv

Post by ixiiiv »

Ditto. I have been impatiently waiting for full 5.2 to explore PCG et cetera.
Load it up with much excitement, realize my SpaceMouse only zooms in/out...

It's been only a few months, since I began learning UE & purchased my SpaceMouse.
This cannot continue to happen.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

The plugin for Unreal Editor 5.2 is in the works (and has been ready since shortly after UE 5.2 Preview 1 was released). You will want to reach to our Technical Support team as they may have a pre-release (untested) version of the plug-in available for you.

The reason why we cannot support preview builds of the application is explained here.
Nuno Gomes
Sphynx

Post by Sphynx »

ngomes wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:08 am The plugin for Unreal Editor 5.2 is in the works (and has been ready since shortly after UE 5.2 Preview 1 was released). You will want to reach to our Technical Support team as they may have a pre-release (untested) version of the plug-in available for you.

The reason why we cannot support preview builds of the application is explained here.
Thank you so much! This is wonderful to hear and all I wanted to know. I look forward to the update!
watkam

Post by watkam »

ngomes wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:08 am The plugin for Unreal Editor 5.2 is in the works (and has been ready since shortly after UE 5.2 Preview 1 was released). You will want to reach to our Technical Support team as they may have a pre-release (untested) version of the plug-in available for you.

I have a basic question: who is developing the corresponding plug-ins and drivers for unreal engine?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

watkam wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:03 am I have a basic question: who is developing the corresponding plug-ins and drivers for unreal engine?
3Dconnexion maintains the driver software and a plugin for Unreal Editor.
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

AFAIR I also saw an external Plugin in Unreal Store.
jgillmanjr

Post by jgillmanjr »

For whatever little it's worth, I actually got my space mouse compact for use with Unreal Engine (added bonus that it works great with Rhino as well).

Glad to see you guys are keeping up on top of it!
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Version 10.8.14 of 3DxWare 10 was published today (May 31st) and includes a update to the Unreal Editor plugin to support UE 5.2.

The software is available for download here.
ixiiiv

Post by ixiiiv »

ngomes wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:16 am Version 10.8.14 of 3DxWare 10 was published today (May 31st) and includes a update to the Unreal Editor plugin to support UE 5.2.

The software is available for download here.
i love you.
watkam

Post by watkam »

The preview version of version 5.3 is now available. Perhaps we can not use space mouse with this version. How nice it would be if you could provide us with a way to get the plugin for testing, even if it is not an official release!