Advance Settings Keep Reseting

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

GreyDesigns

Advance Settings Keep Reseting

Post by GreyDesigns »

Hi, Im finding that every day seemingly, that I need to go into advanced settings, navigation and change my settings back to my preference of 'Camera Mode' - because it keeps swapping back to 'Target Camera Mode' - I am seeing this with 3dsmax.

This has been happening since I got the device, but I have just been putting up with it... But stuff like this is incredibly annoying if you want to use this as a tool for work and not a gimmick.

If someone could please fix/remove whatever is causing my preferences to reset, I would really appreciate it.

Kind regards,
Graeme
GreyDesigns

Re: Advance Settings Keep Reseting

Post by GreyDesigns »

This is with SpaceMouse Wireless btw - I have noticed that I dont have the latest driver howerver (auto check for updates was on, so I dont think that was working either.)
Cagatay Ozkan

Post by Cagatay Ozkan »

Welcome to the club. I have been experiencing the same thing in ZBrush for 1 year, and there is still no solution yet.
DavidV

Post by DavidV »

Hi, Im finding that every day seemingly, that I need to go into advanced settings, navigation and change my settings back to my preference of 'Camera Mode' - because it keeps swapping back to 'Target Camera Mode' - I am seeing this with 3dsmax.

This has been happening since I got the device, but I have just been putting up with it... But stuff like this is incredibly annoying if you want to use this as a tool for work and not a gimmick.

If someone could please fix/remove whatever is causing my preferences to reset, I would really appreciate it.

Kind regards,
Graeme
Hello GreyDesigns,

There might be an issue with the configuration file for 3DsMax.

Here is a link to our FAQ on how to locatie it: https://3dconnexion.com/us/support/faq/ ... ion-files/

best bet would be to shut down the driver, shut down 3DsMax, locate the xml sheet for 3DsMax, and delete it.
Restart the driver and 3DsMax and test. if you are still having issues then i would suggest contacting 3Dconnexion Support if you have not done so already.