Support for Shining3D Software

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

slapin73

Support for Shining3D Software

Post by slapin73 »

New to the Spacemouse Compact and really loving it so far. I was curious if anyone has found any methods for using it with the shining3d software suite, particularly the exstar that pairs with their entry level 3d scanners.

Tilting the controls forward and back currently controls zoom and nothing else is responsive.

Are there control config files I can play with to make the mouse simulate certain actions?

I'm not the most technical with this kind of stuff but like to take on projects and learn new things so if there is documentation on the mouse itself I bet I could figure something out. Any thoughts, opinions, or help would be appreciated!
luping

Re: Support for Shining3D Software

Post by luping »

Tell the software vendor shining3d to visit the www.3dconnexion.com website and join the developer programme, download the 3DxWare SDK to integrate the APIs into the software suite.
slapin73

Post by slapin73 »

Hmmm alright thanks, wasn't sure if there was anything I could do.

I'll do my best to ask but considering they seem to be a company primarily based in China I don't know how much a single feature request will do, but it never hurts to ask
luping

Post by luping »

Oh, English is taught as a second language in mainland China, you can count on software vendor's language ability.