"3DConnection system software is not allowed to load"?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

egypturnash

"3DConnection system software is not allowed to load"?

Post by egypturnash »

I am getting this when I reboot my M2 Mac. I don't see the "system software from application 3DConnextion Helper was blocked from loading" button.

I have just reinstalled and rebooted the 3DConnexion software.

Looking through the "privacy" tab of the Security & Privacy prefs, I see an entry for 3Dx Virtual Numpad in the Accessibility list, which is checked, and no other 3DConnexion entries.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

MacOS Monterey, 12.6.7.
egypturnash

Re: "3DConnection system software is not allowed to load"?

Post by egypturnash »

Oh wait I finally found it, it is at the bottom of the General tab and now looks like this.

Hitting it now brings up this:

...which sure is helpful, here's some checkboxes that refuse to unghost even if I re-authorize as an admin. Well let's see if a *second* reboot will fix it, ugh.
egypturnash

Post by egypturnash »

Okay now it is letting me check it after a reboot. Hooray. Now maybe I can try configuring this thing to be useful in other programs, I got it when I was experimenting with Blender and really just bounced off of that thing and went back to my 2D comfort zone.

And then it required a *third* reboot before it would actually go away. Man installing drivers on OSX has gotten to be a major pain in the ass.
egypturnash

Post by egypturnash »

Aaand after all that my attempts to map tilting it forwards/backwards/l/r to "scroll around in Safari" are still resulting in nothing.

Looks fine but... nothing. :(