Vertical Axis lock in NX

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ramsri95

Vertical Axis lock in NX

Post by ramsri95 »

Is there a way to lock the vertical axis (like horizon lock in Rhino/Onshape) when using the space mouse in NX? There is a command in NX called 'lock vertical axis' but it only works with a regular mouse, and I can't seem to find the setting for it in the 3Dconnexion application. Thanks!
javierolson

Re: Vertical Axis lock in NX

Post by javierolson »

Hi, it is simple. You can follow these steps.
1. Go to the "Mapping" tab.
2. In the list of available NX commands, find "Lock vertical axis". It may be labeled something like "NX: Lock Vertical Axis".
3. Drag and drop this command onto one of the buttons on your space mouse. Common choices are the top or bottom buttons.
4. Now when you're in NX and using the space mouse, pressing that assigned button will toggle the vertical axis lock on and off, just like using the standard command with a regular mouse.
javierolson

Post by javierolson »

Hope that it will be useful for you.
pizza tower
ramsri95

Post by ramsri95 »

Thanks Javier, but even with the NX: Lock Vertical Axis turned on, I am still flying all over the space when I use the space mouse. I notice that it only locks the vertical axis when I use a mouse. There are separate options for Rhino or Onshape, and I was hoping that 3Dconnexion had a similar patch for NX :(
DavidV

Post by DavidV »

Thanks Javier, but even with the NX: Lock Vertical Axis turned on, I am still flying all over the space when I use the space mouse. I notice that it only locks the vertical axis when I use a mouse. There are separate options for Rhino or Onshape, and I was hoping that 3Dconnexion had a similar patch for NX :(
Hello ramsri95,

The driver does give you an option to lock horizon, but vertical axis it does not. your best bet would be to disable the Vertical axis in the Advanced Settings while in NX. There is not a command for it so this means you would need to open the Advanced Settings each time you want to enable or disable the Vertical Axis.
ramsri95

Post by ramsri95 »

Hi David,

How are you able to see a Horizon Lock in the 3Dconnexion App? I've attached images of my NX and Onshape versions of the settings here, and I'm looking for something like the Lock Horizon. Thank you!
Attachments
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (85.02 KiB) Viewed 1730 times
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (92.04 KiB) Viewed 1730 times
DavidV

Post by DavidV »

ramsri95 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:04 pm Hi David,

How are you able to see a Horizon Lock in the 3Dconnexion App? I've attached images of my NX and Onshape versions of the settings here, and I'm looking for something like the Lock Horizon. Thank you!
you are looking to Lock Horizon in NX as you do in OnShape Correct?

Easiest way would be to disable an Axis
In NX the option it gives you is Speed. to the left of the Speed bar are boxes which contain check marks in them.
Unchecking a box should disable that Axis and give you the desired effect.