Spacemouse wireless not working correctly

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

tweenulzeven

Spacemouse wireless not working correctly

Post by tweenulzeven »

Hi all!

Since I got a new laptop with Windows 11 last January I can't change the function of the buttons on my Spacemouse wireless..
The settings screen says "desktop" instead of "SketchUp" so I guess the 3dxware doesn't "see" SketchUp Make 2017.
I run the installer as Admin and tried different versions of the driver iincluding the latest 10.8.16.
In fact I can change the button assignment but the buttons open radial menus every time I use them.
Does someone know what might be the problem and possibly a solution??
Thanks in advance,

Herman.
AmroSalih

Re: Spacemouse wireless not working correctly

Post by AmroSalih »

Please visit https://3dconnexion.com/support/ to contact with our technical support.
Amro Bobiec
luping

Post by luping »

https://help.sketchup.com/en/make-access
SketchUp Make 2017
In addition, this version was built for Windows 7 & 8
This version is not developed and tested for the latest Windows 11.
tweenulzeven

Post by tweenulzeven »

Hi Luping,

Yes I know that Sketchup make is not supported by Trimble anymore. But that says nothing about Sketchup not working. In fact Sketchup Make 2017 works flawlessly on my latest laptop with Windows 11.
On my previous laptop with windows 10 SketchUp make 2017 also worked without any problems. And my Spacemouse wireless also worked without any problems on Windows 10 with SketchUp Make Pro. I could assign any command to the Spacemouse buttons and it worked. Also did the Spacemouse software recognize SketchUp Make 2017.
In Windows 11 the Spacemouse software does not recognize SketchUp and it doesn't let me assign any command to the buttons without reverting to the radial menus.