Input ASCII character from keyboard/numpad

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Tulp3d

Input ASCII character from keyboard/numpad

Post by Tulp3d »

How do you input ASCII characters on a 3DConnexxion Keyboard Pro & Numpad? Pressing and holding ALT + character code # does not work on either.
AmroSalih

Re: Input ASCII character from keyboard/numpad

Post by AmroSalih »

Please pair the Numpad Pro to the Keyboard Pro.

You may want to get in touch with our Technical Support Team. Please visit https://3dconnexion.com/support/
Amro Bobiec
Tulp3d

Post by Tulp3d »

The Numpad Pro is paired with the Keyboard Pro. Both devices work and function just fine besides the ASCII issue. Even if the Numpad Pro was not paired with the Keyboard Pro, the Keyboard Pro should still be able to enter ASCII characters by itself.
There are no button assignments using the ALT key. Just to be sure, I deleted all button assignments and it still will not enter ASCII using the ALT + # method.
AmroSalih

Post by AmroSalih »

Tulp3d wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:07 am The Numpad Pro is paired with the Keyboard Pro. Both devices work and function just fine besides the ASCII issue. Even if the Numpad Pro was not paired with the Keyboard Pro, the Keyboard Pro should still be able to enter ASCII characters by itself.
There are no button assignments using the ALT key. Just to be sure, I deleted all button assignments and it still will not enter ASCII using the ALT + # method.
What is displayed in the 3DxWare Properties panel after selecting the Numpad Pro from the Drop Down menu?
There are three available connection modes for the Numpad Pro - via cable, paired with Keyboard Pro or Bluetooth. Which icon is highlighted?
Amro Bobiec
Tulp3d

Post by Tulp3d »

Problem resolved with the help from Tech Support. They had me update the firmware on both the Keyboard Pro & Numpad. Entering ASCII characters works as expected now.
head223a

Post by head223a »

I guess the concept is clear and that's existing as a standard for at least three decades. I ain't quite sure what's the point of using an inadequate tool with a DIY palliative project when the proper tools are available in the first place....