Increase Polling Rate For 3DConnexion SpaceMouse Enterprise

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

CADUser240HzMonitor

Increase Polling Rate For 3DConnexion SpaceMouse Enterprise

Post by CADUser240HzMonitor »

Hi,

Just curious whether it is possible to increase the default polling rate for the 3DConnexion SpaceMouse Enterprise. I'd like it to be closer to my monitor's refresh rate. I've heard the SpaceMouse sensor (wired, not wireless) is hard-locked to 62.5hz, is that correct? I have firmware 4.42 for the SpaceMouse Enterprise, and there is no polling rate feature within the "3DConnexion Settings" software. I've seen someone say the wireless SpaceMouse had a setting to adjust to 125hz in another forum post, though I don't have the wireless. Is it possible for a future firmware or software update to include adjustable polling rates?

My reason for wanting higher polling rate is that when CAD modelling, having a smooth motion simply feels better for the eyes and you get an improved responsiveness... similar to how mice are 1000hz polling rate and monitors are 240/500hz. Since it is an optical sensor I don't foresee any reason it can't do 120hz / 240hz, unless the processor components on the PCB are not fast enough that it throws errors. Even keyboards do 1000hz these days. Thank you!