3DxUnity Package cause Error in Unity on Build: error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'PackageManager' does not exist

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Whelfen

3DxUnity Package cause Error in Unity on Build: error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'PackageManager' does not exist

Post by Whelfen »

Hi!

I'm creating avatar's in unity for VR-Chat. For the SDK we need to use:
Unity 2022.3.6f1.0.15644

When I build, I get these error, and the compiler stops:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxUnity3D\src\Runtime\RTTDxController.cs(1322,55): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'PackageManager' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEditor' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
and then

Code: Select all

Error building Player because scripts had compiler errors
I can only build my project, when I remove 3DxUnity3D from the package manager. But then, the mouse isn't working for sure.
I give the folder
C:/Program Files/3Dconnexion
a complete acess in Windows (11) with writing permissions for all user and apps, apllied also to subdirectory's.

Also, when I hit "play", I can use the 3D Mouse only in game mode, not in the scene. But the workflow of VR-Chat Avatar creating is to test things in play mode, but in the scene.

Hope someone can help me :), thank you!

Best regards
Whelfen
legofreak

Re: 3DxUnity Package cause Error in Unity on Build: error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'PackageManager' does not e

Post by legofreak »

I'm getting the same issue. did you ever find a solution?