software selection guide?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

paddyroth

software selection guide?

Post by paddyroth »

tl;dr, can someone please turn me on to any 2d vector graphics software application that uses spacemouse for full pan/zoom navigation of the canvas/artboard?

<contextualRant>

ok, it's all well and good that there's a list of 201 icons representing softwares which officially support spacemouse.

yet it's also most unhelpful, when one is trying to select a software application for a specific purpose which can take advantage of spacemouse.

generic looking icons and meaningless names do not explain what a software is or does.

also, i know of at least one exquisite implementation of spacemouse support in an application not on the officially supported list, ie Prusa Slic3r. it flows perfectly in all axes. compared to the hyper-clunky implementation in photoshop, it's night and day.

case in point, i'd pay real money for a 2D vector graphics app that supports spacemouse for navigating the canvas/artboard. and maybe there's one listed on the applications list, but how can i find out, apart from tediously researching each of the hundred unlinked, unexplained icons which aren't obviously something else?

i've paid thousands of my own and my employers' money on 3d connexion hardware. love love love the sheer ergonomics of it.

working in solidworks, for instance, in the 2D drawing environment, it's blissful panning and zooming

seems obvious at this point that adobe couldn't give any less of a .... about supporting such in any of its software.

</contextualRant>