NX applet doesn't show up in SpacePilot Pro LCD

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

henriqueorlan

NX applet doesn't show up in SpacePilot Pro LCD

Post by henriqueorlan »

Hello. I'm using a SpacePilot Pro and I really liked the Inventor applet on the LCD. Now I'm using NX 2207 for modeling and I saw at the recent releases that an even higher version of NX is supported.

The IT guy updated the SpacePilot Pro driver to the latest version (Extended Support v10.8.17), but after restarting my PC, I still cannot get to NX to show up in the programs list, neither in the actual SpacePilot LCD nor in the Logitech LCD Manager.

I noticed that even after updating the SpacePilot driver, the LCD Manager version stayed the same (3.06.109 from 08/03/2010). Did the driver update went wrong?

In the directory "C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxSoftware\3DxNX\ugii_dir", I can see the NX versions from v8 up to v2306.

SpacePilot Pro driver version: v10.8.17
Logitech LCD Manager version: 3.06.109
namagama37

Re: NX applet doesn't show up in SpacePilot Pro LCD

Post by namagama37 »

First, it's worth checking to see if your SpacePilot Pro is officially supported for the specific version of NX you're using. Sometimes, compatibility issues arise with newer software versions.

Here are some steps you can take to fix the problem:

Reinstall the driver:
Try reinstalling the SpacePilot Pro driver. Sometimes a clean reinstall can resolve the conflict. Make sure you uninstall the existing driver before installing the latest version.

Check compatibility:
Verify that your SpacePilot Pro is officially compatible with the version of NX you are using. Manufacturers often provide compatibility lists or updates for their devices.

Logitech LCD Manager Update:
If the LCD Manager version remains the same after updating the driver, try updating it manually. Visit the Logitech or 3Dconnexion website to download the latest version of LCD Manager that corresponds to your device.

Configuration settings:
Check the configuration settings in the SpacePilot Pro driver software. Make sure that NX is selected as a supported application and that the settings are configured correctly.

Contact help:
If the problem persists, you should contact 3Dconnexion or Logitech support for assistance. They may be able to provide guidance or updates specific to your situation.

Check for NX updates:
Make sure your NX 2207 software is up to date. Occasionally, updates from software vendors are required to maintain compatibility with peripheral devices.

Review the system log:
Check your system log for any error messages related to SpacePilot Pro or NX. This may provide more insight into the issue.

By performing these steps, you can hopefully identify and resolve issues with your SpacePilot Pro and NX compatibility. If the problem persists, contacting both 3Dconnexion and Siemens (for NX) support channels may provide more targeted support.