Disable mouse wheel emulation entirely on spacenavigator?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

nathanchere

Disable mouse wheel emulation entirely on spacenavigator?

Post by nathanchere »

This would be near enough to the ultimate productivity peripheral for me if only the mouse scroll behaviour was possible to disable. It appears there is no way to completely disable this behaviour? No matter how many axis I disable or custom settings applied to an application, tilting forward/backwards will always send a mouse scroll up/down event which makes everything I try to use this with basically unusable. I can't be the only one encountering this issue. Am I missing an obvious setting somewhere?
ngomes

Re: Disable mouse wheel emulation entirely on spacenavigator?

Post by ngomes »

Not sure if this will work for you, but stop the 3DxWare driver (Start menu > "Stop 3DxWare") and move the "AppDefCfg_KMJ.xml" file (do not delete) to your Desktop or Documents folder. The file is located in the "Cfg" folder of the 3DxWinCore installation directory, normally at C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare 10\3DxWinCore\Cfg

After that, start the 3DxWare driver and check if the 3D mouse works as you'd like.

The "AppDefCfg_KMJ.xml" file is default driver configuration and removing it may cause some stability issues to your driver installation but you can give it a quick test. If you start seeing problems, stop the driver again and place the file back in the same place.

Please note that removing driver configuration files is unsupported. There is no guarantee the software will operate as intended.
Nuno Gomes