Open radial menu with different brand mouse or some kind of shortcut

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Orchards92@gmail.com

Open radial menu with different brand mouse or some kind of shortcut

Post by Orchards92@gmail.com »

So I have been using the spacemouse and cadmouse for about 4 years and absolutely love them and can't go without the radial menus. I even purchased the keyboard as soon as it was released. However for the part 4 years I have been dealing with wrist pain after a long day at work. I've tried different desk positions, different wrist braces, you name it nothing really helps. I want to try a vertical mouse because I've heard they can help with wrist pain but I don't want to lose the 3dconnexion radial menus. I realize I can open them with the buttons on the spacemouse but I'd like to be able to some how make another brand mouse open it. The mouse I'm looking at has programable buttons, is there anyway to hotkey them make them open a radial menu?

Option B is take apart both and put the 3dconnexion internals into the new mouse somehow but id like to avoid that whole mess because I'm sure that wouldn't be easy.

Anyone have any ideas on how to handle this?
luping

Re: Open radial menu with different brand mouse or some kind of shortcut

Post by luping »

No, you can't.
The pain point is that your overused your hand(s), the only solution is to lesson the burden you put on your hand(s).
I have been dealing with wrist pain after a long day at work.
DavidV

Re: Open radial menu with different brand mouse or some kind of shortcut

Post by DavidV »

Orchards92@gmail.com wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:19 am So I have been using the spacemouse and cadmouse for about 4 years and absolutely love them and can't go without the radial menus. I even purchased the keyboard as soon as it was released. However for the part 4 years I have been dealing with wrist pain after a long day at work. I've tried different desk positions, different wrist braces, you name it nothing really helps. I want to try a vertical mouse because I've heard they can help with wrist pain but I don't want to lose the 3dconnexion radial menus. I realize I can open them with the buttons on the spacemouse but I'd like to be able to some how make another brand mouse open it. The mouse I'm looking at has programable buttons, is there anyway to hotkey them make them open a radial menu?

Option B is take apart both and put the 3dconnexion internals into the new mouse somehow but id like to avoid that whole mess because I'm sure that wouldn't be easy.

Anyone have any ideas on how to handle this?

Hello Orchards92,

i'm sorry to hear about your discomfort, but unfortunately programing OUR Radial Menu is not possible on a different brand mouse.

I also would not suggest taking ours apart and putting the internals into the other mouse. This is a surefire way to possibly have two broken mice.