For those with macOS Driver update problems (stuck at "Running Package Scripts..."

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

script_runner

For those with macOS Driver update problems (stuck at "Running Package Scripts..."

Post by script_runner »

Hi,

For those with macOS Driver update problems (installer is stuck at "Running Package Scripts...").

So... The last version of drivers for Mac which I could actually install up until today was 10.8.2.
I could not install 10.8.3 or 10.8.4, trying "literally everything"...

What finally worked is somehow crazy thing to do:

1. Go to macOS system settings, users, then your user profile.
2. Change user picture to a random emoji (can't say if memoji works too, I was using standard emoji).
3. Restart.
4. Install latest drivers...

As of this moment I am running latest 3DxWare 10.8.4, after a full year of fighting with this problem alone, asking support, googling...

Best luck for everywone!
numbermess

Re: For those with macOS Driver update problems (stuck at "Running Package Scripts..."

Post by numbermess »

I followed these steps exactly. The only change is that I now have a happy face as my account picture.

Those package scripts are still running without end.
maxu

Re: For those with macOS Driver update problems (stuck at "Running Package Scripts..."

Post by maxu »

No way: reboot, uninstall old driver, I'm stuck on "running packages script" (MacBook Pro with M1 Pro, 256GB Ram and 1Tb SSD).

Old Drivers does the same, now I'm without the SpaceMouse.

Any suggestion?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

It seems this issue appears if instead of using the "Uninstaller" program, the 3Dconnexion software is moved to the trash bin.

Instructions on how to recover from that are available here.

Important: remember to re-enable System Integrity Protection (SIP) after completing the recovery instructions.
Nuno Gomes