Dead backlight

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

defex

Dead backlight

Post by defex »

I have a spacepilot and it has a dead display backlight. I think it is out of warranty so is there any way to fix it? like is the display a standard LCD that Can be bought?
Bryan

Trouble Shooting LCD

Post by Bryan »

Dear defex,

Please try unplugging your SpacePilot and re-seating directly to a USB port on your computer. We have found that this often helps.

There's no repair. The device would need to be replaced.

You may also experiment under the 'Tools' Menu in the '3Dconnexion Control Panel' with 'enable LED's' and 'LCD Black on White'

Sincerely,
Bryan
defex

Re: Trouble Shooting LCD

Post by defex »

Bryan wrote:Dear defex,

Please try unplugging your SpacePilot and re-seating directly to a USB port on your computer. We have found that this often helps.

There's no repair. The device would need to be replaced.

You may also experiment under the 'Tools' Menu in the '3Dconnexion Control Panel' with 'enable LED's' and 'LCD Black on White'

Sincerely,
Bryan
Thanks, i unplugged it and replugged it a few times and then it started to work again. i had noticed the "splash screen" came up the first time then turned off quickly, so i guess the LEDs were not dead.

This computer has weak USB ports i have found out when charging my phone sometimes.