<DONE> SpaceNavigator Driver - Mouse Joystick Keyboard

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

gigertron

BSOD on XP and Vista

Post by gigertron »

just got my SN today, installed latest driver and then tried RBC9's driver and app. I got a BSOD immediately on XP, and after reboot in Vista :(
I also got the same problems that plug_it_in had... the layout editing UI was missing most of it's functionality.
Has anyone else found a way to workaround this?
gigertron

a useful utility which will make everyone happy

Post by gigertron »

AutoHotKey!

I managed to get RBC's thing running on vista... The UI is still mostly blank, so I can't make new layouts... but it DOES show up as a joystick, and with AutoHotKey remappings, I can do like I did with my logitech gamepad and map this thing's movements to wads or arrows or whatever. This will now be my WoW movement : D
PointSprites

Post by PointSprites »

aaaahhh I want this driver too, but unfortunalety I've got Vista x64 :( please please help us all!

Are there any updates? I would appreciate your help, I would donate if that would speed it up :)
gigertron

Post by gigertron »

That was easy: viewtopic.php?t=2608

Sadly relies on RBC9's driver, so no love for 64 bitters. I'll see what I can do to write something generic based on the code samples. Once I get those working you can send me a thank you gift : D
Palomar

Function Keys F13 through F24

Post by Palomar »

RBC9, your driver is fantastic. This community owes you.

Have you considered adding the additional function keys F13-F24?
I use the driver in conjunction with AutoHotkey, and having access to more keys that aren’t part of the standard QWERTY layout would be very useful.

Thanks again. Your work is essential for my computer setup.
invisiblefly

Post by invisiblefly »

I am here also very happy with RBC9 on Vista 32 bits
Now the only thing holding me back from upgrading to 64 bit this device's RBC9 driver :lol:

I know alot of people here have the same interest and looking forward to see the 64 bit version.
I have an idea, for all of us that looking for 64 bits, why dont we all consider donate a small amount, :lol: that will help support the creator and make the 64 version happen.

I'm in.

what do you think
Jarrod

64 bit

Post by Jarrod »

I'm up for donating to the 64-bit dev fund. I've been on Vista 64-bit since September and it's killing me to not be able to use my SN the way I want to.
azraphale

Post by azraphale »

+1

I got one for Xmas (so I opened it early, so sue me!), thinking I would beanle to use the RBC9 driver. Well, not on XP x64... The app runs fine, BTW, I just can't get Windows to accept the drivers in place of the universal HID ones. I may have to try hacking the universal ones as a simple, no-frills workaround for now. It's damned disappointing to only be able to use the thing on two programs when it could be revolutionizing my entire user interface.

Are you listening, Logitech? I buy a lot of fairly expensive consumer electronics, but I won't buy any more Logitech stuff if there's no factory support and no assistance for someone developing a real solution for your hardware. I don't much care where the support comes from, but if it doesn't come, I'll buy someone else's hardware...

I will also happily contribute to an x64 development fund. If someone directly connected with the development of the original RPC9 driver, or who has verifiable credentials as a low-level interface programer for Windows systems (pref. x64 systems), wants to set up a fund to make it worth their while, I'll be among the first to drop my money in the hat. With the number of hits this thread has gotten, and the number of people clamoring for x64 drivers, whoever tackles and solves this could probably end up making a tidy profit on the project, hint hint...
Galemp

Post by Galemp »

Urgh. I'd really love the functionality this driver provides, however it doesn't seem to work in all situations. I really appreciate what RBC9 and Pi3573 have done, and I'm anxious to use their work.

I have a 3D Explorer, running Windows XP 32 bit, and I'm having this same problem:
rvjr wrote:I'm currently having some trouble getting my spacenav to work with the rbc9 driver: when i follow the instructions on the first page of the discussion, i always get a bsod... after selecting the driver 'rbc9 space navigator moujoykey v2' and choosing 'install anyway', the blue leds of my spacenav are being enabled for two seconds and then the bsod comes up... I'm using WinXP SP2. Is there any hope getting this to work? I would really like to use your driver because it makes the device much more useful than the default 3dx driver! Rainer
Using Yos' package here: http://tea-serv.cc.toin.ac.jp/~yos/RBC9-SpaceNavMod.zip

The SpaceDriver system tray app detects the device, all its buttons, and all its axes, using the default HID device. If I update the driver through the device manager, I get a BSOD. I can disable the device and install the driver, but it doesn't have a new mouse, keyboard or joystick in the Device Manager. If I try to enable the device, I get a BSOD.

So, RBC9. Can you update your driver with Pi3573's and Yos' Explorer support? I'll test for you as much as you like, as I really want to use this thing as a joystick.

Pi, you've said that you have updated your customized driver for Explorer support but I can't find the download link. Can you repost it please? I'll try that.

And, of course, 3DConnexion/Logitech definitely needs to implement joystick/mouse/keyboard control in their official drivers.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
EquiGym

x64 Generic Driver

Post by EquiGym »

Hello, PPL
I have SpaceExplorer & SpaceNavigator.
Both on Vista Ent x64 (64 bit).
I have desided to take on this project.
I think I have caught the bug.

My current expectation is to write a user mode driver.
This way there will be no problem with driver signing. (correct me if I'm wrong)
Or an application to catch the Messages from the HID driver.
And a modification to RCB9 application to look to the this app instead of to a driver.

Wish me luck and chime in on this if you wish.

Greg.
azraphale

Post by azraphale »

Hey Greg. Welcome aboard! I know you have more than a few eager beta testers here. :)

RBC9's controllability is the big draw. Being able to set the dead zone, being able to assign multiple keypresses, and the ability to increase the repeat rate based on controller input are all tops on my list of why it's so desirable. I assume that mapping the buttons, and mapping the 6 axes to joystick and/or mouse axes would be a given. And being able to mix and match is paramount. I am imagining being able to control a flight sim with just the SpaceNavigator for joystick, mouse, and kb inputs combined.

Anyhow, let us know how you are progressing! It'll be like Christmas all over again once you have a beta for me to test. :D
JPM

Re: x64 Generic Driver

Post by JPM »

EquiGym wrote:
Wish me luck and chime in on this if you wish.

Greg.
Yes, definitely -- much good luck to you!

You can count me in as a beta tester. :-)

JP
jovibo

Post by jovibo »

I wouldn´t mind to test it (x64, fsx).
The best for 2009!.
Regards,
José.
Rodger

Post by Rodger »

Hello,
I am very interesting in using this software.
I can install it correct and it works correct.

But sometimes I get a bluescreen before the start of windows.
Sometimes there is no bluescreen.
The bluescreen call: IRQL_NOTLESS_OR_EQUAL

Wenn I install XP new, the bluescreen is away.
But it comes again, whenn I have installed your software.

Can you help me, please?

Me hardware
Mainboard: Asus P5Q Deluxe
SpaceNavigator
Rodger

Post by Rodger »

Sorry I forgot:
Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit