autohotkey WADS scripts for WoW - or any FPS, for SN

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

gigertron

autohotkey WADS scripts for WoW - or any FPS, for SN

Post by gigertron »

AutoHotKey can remap any input to any other input, with complex scripting. I use it to remap joysticks to cut/copy/paste/save , scrolling, even build commands in my dev environment. The SpaceNavigator has _tremendous_ potential as an ergonomics device.

Here is a terribly simple WADS/QE script for wow. It's got mouse wheel scrolling as well, to zoom in and out (forward\backward tilt). Buttons are mapped to left and right click. This works just perfectly for me. Comment out the mousewheel commands if you don't like them.
http://www.apparentlythisispossible.com ... useWOW.ahk

... and one I use for reading/coding, modified from the one that I use with my xbox pad, this lets you scroll by twisting. You can tweak the scrolling speed in script.
http://www.apparentlythisispossible.com ... Coding.ahk

These rely on RBC9's driver.
You'll need to install his driver, then DISABLE the HID mouse device he creates - it's scrolling will interfere with you. Leave the joystick, that's what this uses.

This script is very similar to the AHK script that I use with my logitech gamepad to play wow. (49 lock)

3DC Devs - since AHK can be used for ANY remapping, and with arbitrary complexity, can you please please please make us a generic joystick driver now? I'll write you the AHK remapping scripts to make it work on whatever apps you want. Honestly - I'm signing this post with my real name. I hope the example scripts I've posted here demonstrate my goodwill. Send me your other devices and I'll write stuff up for them, even.
I really don't want to rely on unsupported and unstable drivers like RBC9s, or have to write and support a fakey driver that I create. I've got the chops to do it, I worked on USB firmware and drivers and grokked the HID spec before my Microsoft job, it'd just be soo much easier for you guys.

-Tim Cowley (Rinzai on Lightbringer)
Imp_ulse

Post by Imp_ulse »

I hope they respond to you, especially if it finally means support for 64bit OS's. that's RBC9's biggest downfall in my opinion
optical10

Post by optical10 »

Imp_ulse wrote:I hope they respond to you, especially if it finally means support for 64bit OS's. that's RBC9's biggest downfall in my opinion
:)

I wholeheartedly agree, all the best with your request.