Maya Timeline Scrubbing Through Spacenavigator ?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

mr_projects

Maya Timeline Scrubbing Through Spacenavigator ?

Post by mr_projects »

Hi,

I'm an Animation Mentor student, and I've been trying to figure out how to use my SpaceNavigator nob wheel to scrub through the timeline. basically by trying to map the K+LMB scrubbing shortcut to my Spacenavigator RotateZ axis, as a student myself it would really be beneficial and much more efficent having to scrub through the timeline back and forth with a simple nob rotate.

I have tried using ControllerMate, and the developer kindly helped me figure out the settings to use, which are :

So I used it on ControllerMate only to notice that it didn't work out on Maya, perhaps the 3D Connexion SpaceNavigator maya plugin ? I don't know.. but I did disable it, restarted Maya, but it still didn't work. I'd like to note that I can see the mouse moving right and left in other applications, but in Maya it doesn't respond to any movement at all.

I don't have any mel or api experience myself, but I believe that if this works, it would benefit a lot of peer students and also animators working on the field.

I would appreciate any guidance on how to make this thing work, while still having an option to toggle and use the default SpaceNavigator commands in Maya.

Thanks in advance!

Mr. Projects