New 3D connexion Game Controller w/ Force Feedback PS3/XBOX

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

onlooker

New 3D connexion Game Controller w/ Force Feedback PS3/XBOX

Post by onlooker »

I wanna submit an idea. Why not develop a dual Device-in-one with Game controller-like characteristics and with even a table mount mechanism (a'la steering wheel) for stability for animating characters/objects/cameras/vehicles in games/apps?

This could have far-reaching ramifications.
onlooker

Rough idea of the device(s)

Post by onlooker »

JeronCoolman

Post by JeronCoolman »

Great idea.

I love the design too.
onlooker

Post by onlooker »

JeronCoolman wrote:Great idea.

I love the design too.
Thanks.

I think gamecaster.com already beat 3D Connexion to the idea (see link attached). Maybe 3D Connexion should focus more on facilitating the animation of characters instead of cameras too. I was really disapointed when I found out that in 3D S Max in character studio a biped character was not controllable using the Spaceball. A plugin to control bipeds with the space controller should be made available. I have a few other ideas on how it could be used to control complex characters if they should be interested.

onlooker

http://www.gamecaster.com/docs/GCS3-Brochure.pdf
onlooker

Another lame reply

Post by onlooker »

I think that the controller itself should have a rumble feature but the force feedback feature should be separate. It may even be possible to build one of these with two space navigators and a logitech momo steering wheel without the visual display.

The visual display is an ipod touch /phone applet which stores motions for looping in games etc. That'd be nice imo.
Be on the lookout for the onlooker.