Request for Lego Digital Designer

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Jabberwock

Request for Lego Digital Designer

Post by Jabberwock »

I would love to see the 3dconnexion controllers work with Lego Digital Designer! This software begs for it...

Just imagine: building your favorite creation with the ease and speed that only SpaceNavigator can provide...

The additional benefit is that when the young Lego designers grow of age, they would not imagine working in other design programs without your tools :)
Bryan

Share Your Vision

Post by Bryan »

Dear Jabberwock,

Share your vision with Lego's Digital Designer's Marketing and Design Team. Let them know what value you would find in their making use of our devices in their user interface. Ask them to include your suggestions in their next design release. We provide a free SDK, Software Development Kit from under the Support menu on our site, to make it as easy as possible for software developers to make use of our devices in their user interface.

Sincerely,
Bryan
Jabberwock

Unfortunately...

Post by Jabberwock »

I should mention that I actually did contact Lego. However, I could most curious (and serial) response to the effect that "Due to legal reasons we cannot use any unsolicited ideas". (Sorry for the quote from memory, it was some time ago and I cannot locate the message...)

Anyway, it seems that private persons cannot suggest any innovations for Lego (go figure! haven't they heard of crowdsourcing?). It must be initiated at a company level, I suppose...