Maya Camera Animation Problem

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

AntonRadzewicz

Maya Camera Animation Problem

Post by AntonRadzewicz »

I have been using spacepilot for a long time for navigation on 3d scenes, and recantly for the 1st time I had to use to animate my camera. Actually I am stuck with 2 problems:

1. When I do rotation around Y axis the count in chenel box goes from -90_deg to +270_deg, which makes impossible to animate rotation around the object and make more then one full circle (if you start somewhere around 265_deg on Y axis and want to go counter clockwise you would not be able to make even 10_deg). Problem does not exist in the case of traditional Alt+LeftMouseKey navigation becouse in that case you can go from -infinty to +infinity, but as far as you touch controling cap camera rotation value will jump inside -90_deg/+270_deg limit.

2. I operate in "Disable Rolling" mode and when camera pointed i bit below the horizont (lats say X axis set on -5 deg) and I do rotation around the Y axis the value of Z changes two times during the circle (half a circle it equals to 0_deg and half to 180_deg or -180_deg) and the Y axis value does not go beyond +90_deg and then you cross this point Z value changes from 0_deg to 180_deg. It also does not happens in traditional navigation mode.

I am using Maya 2008 on Windows 7 32bit
Driver version: 3.10.1

Is there any solutions for this problem? Thanks in advance for your help!