Spacepilot pro function key problems and connectivity

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

davy1980

Spacepilot pro function key problems and connectivity

Post by davy1980 »

I've upgrade my spacepilot to a spacepilot pro 2 days ago.

Installed base:
HP xw4200
WinXP SP3,
Solidworks 2006
Spacepilot pro Software version 3.10.1

For a curious reason the solidworks function key applet seems to loose the custom functions when i switch between configurations in the control panel.
Anyone ideas?

Second: Yesterday the SPP connection to our data managment system (keytech pro). The display said "any application". I saved this config to a new name and edited some function keys. During the day the function keys switched, as they should, between solidwork and keytech.
But,
When i booted-up this morning the SPP seems to have lost all connectivity to keytech. The function applet show the solidworks mapping regardless of the program which is active.

Is this normal for a spacepilot pro?
My old space pilot never had these problem. It always worked fine !!

Regards Davy
The best solutions are driven by simplicity
Bryan

KeyTech Pro

Post by Bryan »

Dear davy1980,

I don't find KeyTech Pro listed as an application that makes use of our device, so the results using it would be unknown.

Under the Options Menu, in the 3Dconnexion Control Panel you would want to make sure you have 'Automatically Save Configurations' checked on.

The configurations should switch automatically between programs that make use of our device with the Windows Focus, without manual interference. When you make button mappings, you should do them in configuration of the program that has the Windows Focus. Again, applications that have not been developed to recognize our devices may not respond to this.

If you saved an configuration under a custom name, you would need to select that configuration to make use of it.

Sincerely,
Bryan
The more things change, the more they remain the same. ; ^ )
davy1980

Post by davy1980 »

Dear Bryan,

The automatically save configuration option is turned on.

I make the buttonmappings in the following manor:

When i've opened a part or assembly in solidworks, i open the mapping screen by selecting the menu key on the spp. There i can make changes by drag&drop on the desired number.
So far, so good.

Then, after selecting a different configuration in the control panel, the spp looses the mapping i've made in all the solidworks configuration.

Furthermore, i think that the difference in connections with programs that are not listed, lies ion the 3dx-software. My old spacepilot made use of the 3dx-office software.

With the old spacepilot, and the window focus on a "not-listed" program, the configuration switched automatically to "any application". When i saved that configuration to a desired name, the space pilot changed to that name everytime i had the window focus on that program.
It connection without problems to the following programs:
Lotus Notes (mail), Keytech Pro, Solidworks, Internet Explorer.

The Space Pilot Pro's Focus stays on Solidworks all the time, because het doesn't recognize the other programs. That's a bit disturbing because when someone or myself does anything with the SPP, there are things, commands happening on the background in solidworks.

regards Davy
The best solutions are driven by simplicity
avalon

I have the same problem

Post by avalon »

I have created a lot of custom functions for 3ds max 2011 and I can use them for a while but after a few minutes they reset to the default profile. I also tried "Save As" but this reset my profile back to default as well...

The Automatically Save is ON and I'm using a SP Pro (the new one) with firmware 3.11 on Vista x64.

I've tried to set the profile about 5 times now and I'm sick of inputting my custom functions all the time and having them reset. Without the buttons I might as well be using my old space pilot navigator!!
tecdoc

Post by tecdoc »

Perhaps try this one. I´ve had same problems with other application and now it´s ok.

viewtopic.php?t=2009
jwick

Post by jwick »

If you are using 3DsMax, you have to use the Max GUI to do everything. Any changes you make in the 3DxWare GUI will be overwritten by the Max GUI, as you see.