custom config

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

DaveLock

custom config

Post by DaveLock »

I am curious why it seems some programs aren't recognised by the 3DxWare control panel. Here's an example.

I have created a custom config for Mudbox & saved it as "Mudbox" whilst mudbox was the only app running. If I close Mudbox, & set the control panel to any other config, then when I open Mudbox again it does not change my config to my Mudbox one.

The thing that makes it weird is that I'm programming in VC++ at the moment, & I noticed that when I debug my code, it returns to the same custom config. My little app (test code for my plug-in) has successfully made a program/scg association without me doing anything & yet I can't seem to get Mudbox to do the same no matter what I do. :?

I looked in the registry under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Applications" & sure enough there is "MUDBOX.EXE" = "user12.scg" (correct) & "C++ Code Tester.exe" (my test code) = "user10.scg" (never set by me). I removed the entry for my my test code & now it has stopped doing it.

Why does MUDBOX.EXE not load the Mudbox custom config?

Will the LoadPreferences(BSTR("Mudbox") function in TDxInput::ISimpleDevice force the load? If so, what should the string be? "Mudbox"? Or "user12"? Or "user12.scg"?

Also, just curious is there any old SDK available that had TDxInput C++ code or programming examples? I realise it is unsupported now, but just curious if C++ samples exist anywhere. It's not a game breaker for me, but it would be nice to see if I've missed some functionality that is there. :)

Thanks in advance,

Dave.
When I think of something profound & original to say, I'll cut & paste it here.