SpacePilot with Bentley AECOsim

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

fostertom

SpacePilot with Bentley AECOsim

Post by fostertom »

Being v inexpert 'under the hood' I don't know what I'm doing here on developer's forum, but would appreciate comment:

Was disappointed that my SpacePilot (not Pro) wouldn't work with Bentley Microstation. Turned out that was because I actually had Bentley AECOsim, which includes Microstation and a lot more. I could only get it working thanks to the 10-series beta driver - the regular 3-series driver was unmodifiable. The following is extracts from http://communities.bentley.com/products ... spx#225955 :

-------

"Yes, there is microstation.scg, as you say. But it can't be opened to view. So microstation.xml in the beta driver is potentially a lot more useful"

------------------

"Hey! it worked

After struggling with Permissions etc I made a copy of microstation.xml, renamed it aecosimbuildingdesigner.xml, changed

<ExecutableName>ustation.EXE</ExecutableName>

to

<ExecutableName>aecosimbuildingdesigner.EXE</ExecutableName>

and now SpacePilot's LCD says Microstation (instead of Default-S80) and everything works!

scroll, pan, zoom, roll, tilt, spin, fit, T, F, L, R, 3D lock ...

How about that - 2.5 days doing almost nothing else - such is the learning curve."

------------------

Since then, with tweaks viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5430 , SpacePilot is beautiful, compared with Bentley's own Rotate view>Dynamic 2D mouse method. However I have new problems viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6529 , on which I would appreciate comment.