Qt Application Development

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Mac Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

dvmorris

Qt Application Development

Post by dvmorris »

I am working on a piece of software that uses Qt opensource from trolltech labs, and I'm wondering if anyone out there has ever implemented support for the SpaceNavigator in an app built using Qt . It's quite difficult to search for this on a forum where quicktime is a popular topic. Thanks for the help,
dave
ettore

Re: Qt Application Development

Post by ettore »

dvmorris wrote:I am working on a piece of software that uses Qt opensource from trolltech labs, and I'm wondering if anyone out there has ever implemented support for the SpaceNavigator in an app built using Qt .
I am not aware of any.
I imagine your app is open source? if it is, and you have a public code repository, let me know and maybe I can take a look at it.
dvmorris wrote:It's quite difficult to search for this on a forum where quicktime is a popular topic. Thanks for the help,
dave
Indeed. That's why i never use the acronym Qt for QuickTime. :wink:
ettore pasquini
software engineer
3Dconnexion, inc.
dvmorris

Post by dvmorris »

I would still love to write drivers for this thing for my Qt app. The code is at

http://code.google.com/p/topmod if anyone would like to take a look at it. i have the 3dconnexion stuff commented out for now, because I gave up about 4 months ago.

The spacenav is too awesome to let it go like this. I really want to get this working. Any help would be greatly appreciated,
dave