SpacePilot Pro LCD Time Display

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ben_r_

Re: SpacePilot Pro LCD Time Display

Post by ben_r_ »

jwick wrote:
ben_r_ wrote:(I set the option so it wouldnt automatically switch to it)
I've personally never tested that option. Does it make a difference if it is allowed to automatically switch to it?

The SPP takes a lot of power. How is it connected to the machine? Through switch/hub?
No it doesnt, it just means that unless an app opens that you left selected to auto switch, it just leaves the LCD at the main menu waiting for you to select what you want it to show.

It is plugged into one of the USB ports directly connected to the motherboard and I have a Corsair TX 750 watt power supply.
ben_r_

Post by ben_r_ »

ngomes wrote:Is the "Functions Keys" program selected to run and show on the SPP display?

Open the LCD Manager and go to the "Programs" section. Check that the "Function Keys" program is enable and status "running". Then go to the SPP section and see if it is selected to display on that device.

The above does not explain why it would show some times but not others. Jwick may be on to something with his suggestion that insufficient may at play here. Try connecting the device directly to the system, if you're not already doing so.
Yes it is, and it does show up maybe 40% of the time. Its up right now as a matter of fact.

Here is how I have had the Programs section setup since I first got the unit:
Capture.JPG
And yes it is already connected to a USB 2.0 port directly off the motherboard and I have plenty of power in this system with a Corsair TX 750 watt power supply.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi ben_r_,

When the "Function Keys" disappears, what applets can you see listed on the SPP display?