Hotkey problem on SpaceTraveller

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

seamus

Hotkey problem on SpaceTraveller

Post by seamus »

I have a problem making a hotkey work on my space traveler.
I use a tablet PC with a little app called "Strokit" which uses mouse gestures. I have set a hotkey in it to toggle it on and of but when I assign that key to one of the the Space Traveler's buttons it dose'nt seem to recognise it.
Any ideas why this might be?
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi seamus,

What hotkey are you trying to assign?
Are you trying to send this to Strokit or another app?
Some apps do not use Windows messages to receive keyboard events. Those apps won't work with the 3DxWare driver. They might work with RBC9's driver though.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
seamus

Post by seamus »

Thanks for the reply

I am trying to send the key to StrokeIt. It does work with RBC9's driver but I had to stop using that as Photoshop started freaking out when it was installed.
I have asked about that problem in his posting
jwick

Post by jwick »

What hotkey are you trying to assign ???
seamus

Post by seamus »

I was originally trying to assign "Scroll Lock" or "Pause" as they are not normally used by 3Dapplications default settings. But I have also tried just assigning "A" but with no result

However I did just try using the Space key option from the dropdown and that did work but when I try to combine it with another key like "ALT" in a macro it no longer works :?